Hlogicals server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hlogicals server

Hlogicals Minecraft server

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Idiots's's's Adventure Playlist
Residence plugin EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:20 am by DeRobyJ

» Timeout problems
Residence plugin EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 pm by DeRobyJ

» WhiteList Application
Residence plugin EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:17 pm by Harry

» Can I get White-Listed?
Residence plugin EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 am by Harry

» Sellin my House
Residence plugin EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 am by PNGiveAway

» The Server's Future.
Residence plugin EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 am by Harry

» My Youtube Channel
Residence plugin EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:29 am by Fozzie

» Minecraft 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Residence plugin EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 pm by Unbound_doom

» Permissions
Residence plugin EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm by Harry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Residence plugin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Harry
Admin
Harry

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi (this is written by a dyslexic, apologies for all the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, i'll try my best)

This Tutorial is going to explain the basics of the Residence plugin which allows you to take ownership of land within the server which you can then set permissions too, ie setting it to a non-build area therefore protecting it from griefers.

First off, only myself and the moderators can currently use the Residence plugin, this may change in the future, but for now this is how its going to stay.

I also suggest you go somewhere away from the main building area on the server while you test out setting up residences, this will just keep things a little tidier.

Tools you'll need: A wooden pickaxe (acts as the wand)
String (this will allow you to see information on residences)

When your ready, type: "/res ?"
This will bring up the main help menu of the residence plugin where it describes all of the allowed actions.

The first thing you'll want to do is type: "/res select ?"
This will now display all of the following commands for the residence selection actions. This along with the "/res create" command is what your going to us to create a "residences" area.

Now, with your wooden pickaxe go select the first position where you'd like to start your residence, use the left mouse button and select a block. You should see green writing saying first position selected then some coordinates. Now go to the opposite and diagonal side of the area you'd like to include in your residence, when selected this will create a rectangular 1 block wide box surrounding all of your build (make sure all off your build is within the area which your a bout to select) When your happy with the area you're going to select, press the right mouse button on the block and you should now see some more green writing saying something like, secondary position selected, and again some more coordinates.

What you've now down is created a rectangular 1 block wide selection area. What you need to do now is extend this rectangular box either upwards or downwards (or both) to include the height and depth of your build creating a 3d rectangular box. There are several ways to do this. The easiest way to do this is to type "/res select vert"
This will extend your 2d rectangular box all the way to the sky limit and down to bedrock. This is by far the easiest way to get your entire build into the selected area you wish to protect, unfortunately its also the least tidy way of doing it. It will mean anyone wanting to tunnel under your house, or build high over your house, will be prevented from doing so, which won't be a problem early on, but as the server grows it could become a problem.

And so what i suggest you do instead is this. Once you've got your 2d rectangular box before you would have written /res select vert, take an estimate from where you selected your 2d rectangular box on how many blocks high you think your building goes.
Lets say its 20. Now look up into the sky and type:"/res select expand 20"
This will now have expanded your selection area 20 blocks high from where you orignally selected your primary and secondary coordinates. You can also look down and do the exact same thing, or indeed any direction. This is the best way of making the server tidy and precise when create residence. It will expand in the direction you are facing

Now if your happy with your selected area, its time to actually create the residence. This is were the /res create comes in.
Type: "/res create <enter name of residence>" So for example: "/res create hlogicalshome"

This, with a little luck has now created a residence which you own. To test, move in and out of your selected area and our should have a message appear saying welcome and leaving depending on whether your entering or exiting the residence.

If everything was done right, congratulations! You now own property.

Now for the tricker bits.
What i'll go onto now is setting up things which are called "flags". These "flags" are what control how your residence handles players and mechanics of the game within the residence.

For now, i'll just go through the basics.

In the main "/res ?" help menu, you'll see a command called "set, pset and gset". These are what control the "flags within the residence

set = global flags
pset = player flags
gset = group flags

Because groups aren't setup in a way which will work with the plugin just yet you can ignore this.
Lets go to global flags (set)

Type: "/res set ?"
This will bring up all the help menu for all commands within "/res set"
You'll see many different flags which you can alter but i'm just going to concentrate on "build" and 2move" for now. As you may have guessed, build controls whether people can build or destroy blocks within your residence, and move controls whether people can enter your residence. Lets disable people from building with your residence.

All you have to do is type:"/res set <ResidenceName> <flag> <true/false/remove>" So for example "/res set hlogicalshome build false"
this will now globally stop anyone from building with your residence (note; myself and moderators will still be able to edit and move within your residence regardless of what flags are set)
To stop people from entering your residence, for example, simply type:"/res set hlogicalshome move false". this will now globally stop anyone from entering your residence (again doesn't effect myself and moderators)

To undo these flags or to remove, type the same again except type true or remove instead of false.

Now for pset.
This works in almost the exact same way as "set" except instead of a global flag rule, it only applys too a specific player. This is if you want to block everyone on the server from building on your plot, except perhaps a friend.

This is done my typing: "/res pset <ResidenceName> <PlayerName> <flag> <true/false/remove>".
So for example:"/res pset hlogicalshome fozziethomas build true". You simply add the players name after the residence name and everything else is like the 2/res set" command.

I'm going to leave this tutorial and that. There is plenty more that this plugin can do, i encourage people to mess around with it and get to grips with it. Its a good way of protecting your builds.

I'll point out again, any flags set on properties will not affect any moderators or myself. But it will protect against new players "civilians", builders and masterbuilders.

If your having any problems with getting the residence plugin to work feel free to contact me, and i'll do my best to help.

Also if theres any obvious mistakes in this post, feel free too belittle me.

Thanks
Logic

Back to top Go down
tomajuli
tomajuli

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Really helpful Razz
Back to top Go down
Harry
Admin
Harry

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:54 pm

tomajuli wrote:
Really helpful Razz

Good lol
Back to top Go down
DeRobyJ
Builder
DeRobyJ

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 am

If I have a cavern and I want to find it, how to do? Can I find it easily from the spawn?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeRobyJ
Harry
Admin
Harry

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am

DeRobyJ wrote:
If I have a cavern and I want to find it, how to do? Can I find it easily from the spawn?

It depends, you can either type: "/sethome", then from there you can type /home and it'll spawn you to where you set it.

Or you can ask one of the mods to set up a warp for you.
Back to top Go down
DeRobyJ
Builder
DeRobyJ

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:18 am

Harry wrote:
DeRobyJ wrote:

It depends, you can either type: "/sethome", then from there you can type /home and it'll spawn you to where you set it.

Or you can ask one of the mods to set up a warp for you.
WoW! affraid
thx XD Exclamation
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DeRobyJ
Harry
Admin
Harry

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:27 am

DeRobyJ wrote:

WoW! affraid
thx XD Exclamation

No problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Residence plugin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Residence plugin   Residence plugin Empty

Back to top Go down

Residence plugin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum